Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Evidently I'm bad at this...

Obviously keeping up with my blog is not something that I'm great at. Let's see if I can get you caught up on our lives pretty quick....

We were told that my car needed the engine re-built....so we decided to just replace the car since we're still making payments. Soooo....I got a NEW car!! Yay! I can't tell you how wonderful a 10 year warranty makes me feel!

Our house "flooded" again. Basically we had water seeping in through the south wall of our house. I guess that's one of the dangers of living in a basement.....We didn't lose anything, no one was hurt, but what a pain! See the bedroom that had water in it is actually our storage room, so there was a ton of stuff to move and dry underneath.

Let's see....what else....lots of work. OH!....the exciting news....We are going on vacation!!! A real, honest to goodness vacation! Our first since our honeymoon, 7 years ago. We are going to the Outer Banks, for a whole week. I can feel the tension start to disolve every time I look at this picture
This is the view from the backyard of the rental house....how wonderful will that be?!?! I can't wait to watch the sunset over the sound!

I will hopefully have some more interesting things to share soon. Oh, did I mention that this year I'm going to be an aunty again? If I didn't I should have. My sister is expecting another boy in June, and Brad's brother is expecting their first baby in August...we actually find out today if we're having a niece or nephew. I also have a cousin expecting this fall.....so there should be baby crafts to show off!

3 comments:

Sweet Family said...

Don't worry I am obviously very bad at this as well. Tell your sister congrats for me.

Judith Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your comment and for your apology. I don't blame you. After losing 3 babies in a row and then one again a few years later, I had a really difficult time tolerating women who whined about being pregnant. My journey has been a hard one. Having a dead baby inside of you at 19 wks pregnant is miserable. My husband was always my rock other than God of course. Him being gone is devastating to me. Anyway, I'm glad you stopped by my Blog... I'm glad you kept reading, and that you commented and shared some of your heart with me. I will start praying for you and your husband. *hugs*

Kristy (Raising Godly Daughters)